The internal permissions system was reworked to enable new features and clean it up a bit. The main features include:
- There is no more
adminpermission meaning that every permission now has to be granted individually. Previously you had to have this permission to do a whole bunch of things like being able to reply to locked threads, viewing a removed post's content...
- Being able to grant and deny permissions on a group-specific level, such as the ability to edit tags only in a particular group. Or to allow you to edit tags in all groups except for ~tildes, for example.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and all that has come with it, @Deimos made some rapid-fire changes to accommodate all the news and topics related to the pandemic:
- A new group, ~health.coronavirus, was made to keep the topics a bit more contained. Alongside that,
coronaviruses.covid19has become the established tag to use for filtering purposes.
- A new "views" is now available in the header. At the moment it's to provide a quick way to view either all coronavirus-related topics or only the unrelated ones.
Various New Features
- The overall groups page was redesigned to include some daily activity statistics for each group.
- A set of tags has been added to the tags editor so they always show up in the autocompletion, the current list of tags is
- The donation goal meter visible on the frontpage has been added to the Financials page, an open-source contribution by @timo.
- Scheduled topic markdown and titles can now take advantage of Jinja templating. Currently only @Deimos can create and edit the scheduled topics, but this feature will be very useful in the future.
In the month of March 2020…
- 20 commits were made by 2 contributors.
- 635 lines of code were added.
- 191 lines of code were removed.
- 15 issues were opened.
- 6 issues were closed.
- 1 merge request was closed/merged.